With the surge in the popularity of electric vehicles, purchasing home charging stations is a reality for many people. If you own a Hyundai Ioniq and you need to buy one, picking a model out of the many options available can be surprisingly difficult. This is because to enjoy the experience of charging your EV at home requires a charger that fits your needs. In this article, we have compiled our list of best EV home chargers for Hyundai Ioniq 5.
Top Home Charging Stations for Hyundai Ioniq 5
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
1. ChargePoint Home Flex electric vehicle charging station
This home charging station is offered by the same company that runs public charging station network. It will charge your Ioniq nine times faster than a Level 1 charger. This model is provided as either a plug-in or hardwired setup. ChargePoint provides a 3-year warranty to give you peace of mind.
- Available in different charging speeds
- Gives you notifications on your smartphone on the charging progress
- Control the charger through a smartphone app, e.g., scheduling charging sessions
- Works both indoors and outdoor
Con – You can only control the charger through the smartphone app
2. Grizzl-E Home EV charging station
The Grizzl-E gives you four options to choose from; Avalanche, Classic-06-24, Classic-14-24, and Extreme-14-24-Premium. Any option will supply up to 54 miles per hour on 40 A. The Grizzl-E is also very easy to install. You also get a 3-year warranty.
- More choices or options
- Comes with a 24 feet cable
- Easy to setup
- Can work indoors and outdoor. Made from fire-resistant materials
- Has self-monitoring and reporting features
Con – Customers have complained that residue from touching the cable leaves marks on the charging box
3. EVoCharge Home EV charging station
The EVoCharge home charger will charge your Hyundai Ioniq up to 8 times faster than the Level 1 charger that comes with the car. It is specifically designed for easy and quick installation so that you are set up in no time. You can choose between WiFi-enabled and non-WiFi-enabled models and 18 or 25 ft long charging cables.
- Adjustable amperage
- Includes everything you need to get started
- Fast charging and super-easy setup
- Compact size
- The Wi-Fi option works with a smartphone app
Con – The 18-foot cord may be too small
4. JuiceBox 40 Smart electric vehicle home charging station
The JuiceBox 40 is one of the smart EV chargers on the market, with a smartphone app and voice control through Amazon’s Alexa. It charges fast, supplying 40 kW to your Hyundai Ioniq. The 3-year warranty shows how confident the manufacturer is in this product.
- Smartphone app connectivity to give you remote control and notifications
- Schedule your charging to take advantage of off-peak periods
- Easy installation
- Voice commands through Amazon’s Alexa
Con – Can be a bit pricier than other models due to all the functionalities
5. Primecom 40 Smart EV home charging station
The Primecom smart EV charging station can charge at up to 9.6 kW, adding about 30 miles an hour to your Hyundai Ioniq 5. A display allows you to track metrics like energy consumption and temperature. The manufacturer focuses on safety in the design, including more than a dozen safety features.
- Multiple options offered
- 30 ft charging cables
- Works both indoors and outdoors
- Presents details data about your charging sessions
- Only a year warranty
- There is no smartphone app
Hyundai Ioniq 5 – Best EV Home Charging Stations
It is a great experience owning an electric vehicle. However, without a suitable home charger, you cannot get all the benefits of EV. Thankfully, our list of top home chargers for Hyundai Ioniq 5 can help you get the best out of your car.