Jaguar was one of the earliest luxury brands to break into the all-electric market with their incredibly popular and well-received I-Pace. Drivers simply can’t get enough of signature Jaguar luxury, style, and power being combined with innovative long-range electric drivetrain technology. Of course, an investment in an I-Pace also means getting a suitable EV home charger matching the EVs needs. Below are our recommendations for the best electric car home charging stations for the Jaguar I-Pace.
Top Home Charging Stations for Jaguar I-Pace
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
1. GoPlug Pro 40 Amp Smart EVSE – WiFi Connected
This deceptively simple-looking design hides smart Wi-Fi-based technology connected to a handy smartphone app. It’s flexible with a 25-foot cable, as well as being compact, simply designed, and ready for hard-wiring or simply plugging into an existing NEMA 14-50 plug.
It’s IP66 waterproof rated and can output as much as 10 kWh of power at 40 amps, which is more than enough for the large battery of the I-Pace. Adjust all the settings from anywhere on your smartphone. It’s easy to set up but the app is not as intuitive and takes some getting used to for first-timers.
- Simple, durable and compact design
- Charging output up to 10KWh at 40 amps
- All functions remotely adjustable from smartphone app
- IP66 waterproof for outdoor installation
Con – App can be tricky to use for new users
2. Grizzl-E Level 2 EV Charger
Like its name suggests, this is a wall box designed to last in tough and harsh conditions. Designed, built and tested in the unforgiving Canadian winter, Grizzl-E is the perfect 40-amp adjustable indoor/outdoor charging solution for those who drive an I-Pace in more extreme temperatures. Grizzl-E is built from the most solid materials around to ensure consistent performance, and will add up to 24 miles of range per hour at 40 amps, and still up to 9 miles per hour at 16 amps (estimation based on our charging tool).
It’s a simple “plug-and-play” solution. You just install, plug into either a NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 socket, and get charging. It’s backed up by a solid 3-year warranty, and is IP67 waterproof rated. It’s just a shame it doesn’t feature remote WiFi-based controls for those who don’t want to go outside to adjust the settings.
- Simple to install and setup
- Tough and durable even in the harshest conditions
- Up to 24 miles of range added per hour; adjustable power settings
- Backed up by 3-year warranty
Con – No wireless feature means enduring the cold to make adjustments when outdoors
3. BESENERGY 32 AMP EV Charger Level 2
If you’re always on the go, then you might prefer a charger that you can move around with you in your I-Pace. This offering from BESENERGY stores in your trunk nicely and can plug into any NEMA 14-50 socket wherever you are. It outputs up to 32amps, which is impressive for a portable charger like this one, adding up to 19 miles of range per hour.
The handy LCD display allows you to keep track of key charging info and the smart chip will auto-adjust output to match the car’s requirements. Whether you need the portability for being on the move a lot, or just because you don’t have room for a wall box, this is a powerful and reliable alternative.
- Portable, great for users who take their Jaguar I-Pace on business trips
- Also ideal for those with limited garage space
- Simple operation with handy and easy-to-read LCD display to read charge status
- No Wi-Fi needed, and powerful charging capabilities for a compact unit
- Well protected against overheating, overcharging, and current overload
Cons – Only comes with a 1-year warranty, which is less than many competitors
4. ClipperCreek EV Charging Station, Level 2
When you want a home EV charging unit that is as safe and reliable as a public charging station, look to ClipperCreek and their ETL listing for safety. It’s a simple, well-built compact unit that will fit in almost any indoor garage space or outdoor space. It includes a sturdy padlock to secure the cable from potential thieves.
The 7.7kWh output is very solid, not the fastest on the market but certainly good enough. The 25-foot cable is great for Jaguar I-Pace owners who often have double-car garages and need longer cables. The build is backed up by ClipperCreek’s 3-year warranty. You do pay a lot for this unit without any smart or digital remote features, which is a bit of a shame.
- Study and well-built unit
- ETL-listed to ensure safety
- Quality supported by 3-year warranty
- Anti-theft padlock helps secure cable
Cons – No digital or remote features, which is disappointing for this price point
5. Amazon Basics Electric Vehicle (EV) Level 2 Charging Station
This unit from Amazon’s own selection can add up to 19 miles of range per hour, which means it can easily handle overnight charging of the Jaguar I-Pace. It’s also a very sturdy unit, with IK10 impact-resistant ratings as well as NEMA-4 protection against water and dust. Users love the simplicity of the unit and the terrific customer service that comes with it being an Amazon Basics product.
It’s slim and attractive in design and can easily slot into just about any indoor or outdoor wall space. One small issue is that some users have struggled with the reverse-oriented NEMA 6-50 plug which requires a reverse outlet because the cable is too short to twist up under the unit.
- K10 impact resistance and NEMA-4 dust and water resistance
- Up to 19 miles of range per hour
- Slim and attractive can fit in almost any wall space and has a handy 25-foot cable
- Simple to install and use
Con – Upside plug can be a pain when it means you need to reverse the NEMA 6-50 socket installation
Jaguar I-Pace – Best EV Home Charging Stations
The best electric vehicle charging stations for the Jaguar I-Pace are the ones that can match its range and power and deliver a consistently full battery for daily use. We hope you can find the perfect match home charger for your I-Pace EV from our selection above.