The Tesla Model Y is the company’s first foray into the compact SUV class. Its range makes it one of the most competitive EVs out there. An important question remains, however — which are the best EV home chargers for Tesla Model Y? Below we have five recommendations of the top home chargers for Tesla Model Y, let’s dive in:
Top Home Charging Stations for Tesla Model Y
Disclosure: some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Please find the prices for each model at the bottom of the page.
You should know that the Tesla Wall Connector doesn’t just get the top spot because it’s from Tesla. This charger is an impressive unit, and the fact that it was built for Tesla cars does make it the most effective model for safe, fast, and reliable charging. Below are the pros and cons.
- Up to 44 miles of range per hour of charge.
- Works for all Tesla cars, perfect if you have more than one Tesla at home.
- Can be installed indoors or outdoors – durable and weatherproofed.
- Attractive and stylish design.
Con – If your family has one Tesla and another brand of EV, then you’ll need to buy extra adapters, which means greater expense.
ChargePoint is a big name in EV home charging stations, and the Home Flex is a high-budget but highly rated and efficient model. It works for just about any EV brand, including Tesla, so it’s ideal for the family with different EV tastes. It’s also one of the smarter choices out there, for reasons we’ll share below:
- Smart charging possible – set the EV home charger to work only when the electricity price is low to save money.
- The system can prompt you as to when the cheapest off-peak charging times are coming and allow you to charge at the most cost-efficient times.
- Quality assured – comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Possibility to use the smartphone app to choose from multiple amperage settings to suit your vehicle and timeframe.
Con – Only works with Wi-Fi enabled and the official app, which isn’t as convenient as the typical plug-and-play style of other models;
This brand typically offers quality at more affordable rates than some of the bigger names. If you need the power rating but have a tighter budget, this is a great choice.
- A simple design featuring a handy LED screen with key info displayed.
- Up to 32-amp charging makes the process up to 8 times faster than a normal Level 1 charger.
- EVSE rating assures its lightning proof, as well as protected from leakage, overloading, overheating and it’s also IP66 waterproof rated.
- Compact and solidly built perfect for installation indoors or outdoors without drawing lots of attention.
Con – A few people complained about the fact that the plug fits really tightly into the socket and requires more physical force to remove. Can be a little inconvenient if you’re in a hurry and need to get going.
When you move around a lot but still need to charge at speed without relying on public charge points, then this offering from Primecom is perfect. It’s moderately priced, a little above average but with very fast available charging speeds.
- Available in 32-amp or 40-amp model with 30-foot cable for easy access wherever you are.
- Ultra-fast charging speeds up to 6 times faster than a Level 1 charge.
- Portable and light, but still with a handy LED screen on the base unit
- Rigorously tested for safety and durability, which is very important for portable models that travel more.
Con – There have been some complaints on RFID function to shift the charge between current limits suddenly stopping after some time of use, but it is solvable if it happens.
Another great item from LEVANEV, this electric car home charger is both portable and affordable, as well as being highly rated. It’s available up to 16 amps, so you will sacrifice some extra time compared to other items in the list, but in terms of getting yourself an affordable, convenient portable charger that’s effective, it doesn’t get much better than this.
- One of the most affordable Level 2 charging brands out there.
- Solid ABS materials and intelligent chip to monitor charging
- Works fine both indoors and out, wherever you are
- Can charge most typical EVs within 8 hours.
Con – Lower price means fewer frills and slower charging speeds. It’s not ideal when you’re in a hurry or plan to cover great distances in your Tesla Model Y daily.
Best EV Home Charging Stations for Tesla Model Y
When you invest in a Tesla Model Y, you are buying some of the very best. You should spend equal time considering the best EV home charging stations for Tesla Model Y, too. It’s the only way to do such a beautiful and well-engineered car true electrical justice.