Tesla is the brand that made electric vehicles the cars that everybody now wants. Where many EV designs remained whacky and impractical, Tesla has reimagined them into stunning creations of power, precision, and beauty. Model 3 is among the most popular models, offering an incredible driving range
Of course, it’s easy to point out the many plus points of the Tesla Model 3. If it’s your first electric car, then you will also have to consider some changes to how you look after the car at home. First and foremost is charging. You need to ensure you have the best EV home charging stations for Tesla Model 3 that you can get. The list below should offer some useful advice. The top Tesla Model 3 deserves the top home chargers for Tesla Model 3.
Top Home Charging Stations for Tesla Model 3
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Top of our list has to be Tesla’s own creation, the Silver Wall Connector. This model offers a much faster-charging speed than the standard charge cable hook-up. Its shimmer and sleek design also reflect the stunning and cutting-edge looks of your Tesla Model 3.
- Durable, weatherproof, and suitable for both indoor and outdoor installation.
- Signature Tesla design and build quality with a fantastic appearance.
- Can be installed in multiples, making it ideal for families with more than one EV.
- Great recharging speed of 40 miles ranges per hour.
Con – It’s not the cheapest choice out there, so if you’re looking to save some money, then you might want to consider an alternative.
This unit has a sleek, minimalistic look, but it comes fully loaded with the brand’s signature precision engineering, reliable hardware, and great charging times. This one is really a name to trust.
- Smart chip automatically fixes problems with charging as its working, but also displays them so you can see what might have gone wrong.
- Neatly constructed to maximize protection against leakage and make it safer to use.
- Type 2 charge works with a huge range of car brands – convenient for families with more than one EV.
Con – It has smart chips but that’s as far as it goes. There’s no app function and it’s a little on the high-end of the price spectrum for that.
EV OneStop offers some of the most attractive solutions you can find on Amazon. Better yet, they’re very efficient and great value. You’ll get a lot from this handsome box.
- The attractive but strong design reflects a nice mix of style and durability – perfect for something you install either in the garage or outdoors.
- Additional corrosion and fire resistance give you extra peace of mind.
- User-friendly design is ideal for first-time EV users who don’t need all the bells and whistles that some of the best EV home chargers for Tesla Model 3 ask you to buy.
- The compact size makes it a discreet addition to the house; doesn’t impose on your garage or driveway.
Con – Installation requires a little extra drilling for a cable gland, which takes away from the convenience somewhat when first installing.
For those looking for a more portable and affordable option for charging, this one delivers quality and value with decent charging and easy 3-pin plug-in use. At well under ₤200, it’s a great price point.
- Keep it at home or load it into the Tesla 3 for a road trip. This is the ultimate in plug-and-play technology.
- Almost universal so will be fine for other electric cars in the family.
- Waterproof and well protected against leakage and overload.
Con – Output is a bit lower at 2.2kW so it’s not ideal for those in need of a faster-charging solution.
Another offering from EV OneStop, this time their flagship unit. Buyers seem to love this product for its design, effectiveness, speed, and range of choice. The price listed shows the Type 2 perfect for your Tesla Model 3.
- IP65 waterproof/dust rating makes it among the most durable units out there.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty for your added confidence.
- Lightweight and compact with slim design – takes up little space for all that power
- 7.2kW output means fast charging times
Con – A premium unit for a premium price point. You have to be pretty committed to your unit to pay this much.
EV Home Charging Stations Galore
When you’re looking for the best EV home chargers for Tesla Model 3, it’s important to consider all the options before you buy. Tesla owners pay a premium for their car, and they should be ready to stand for quality over quantity when it comes to an electric vehicle home charging station for Tesla model 3.