We’ve created an easy to use tool to help people calculate the charging time of any electric vehicle. If you need any further assistance please follow the step-by-step guide below the tool.
How long does it take to charge an electric car?
Use the tool below to calculate the charging time of your electric vehicle.
1. Battery size – Select the battery size of the electric vehicle which should be considered in the calculation. Choose the battery size in kWh.
2. Starting charge level – This percentage corresponds to the level of the battery at the beginning of the process. If you want to calculate the charging time of a completely empty battery, select 0%.
3. Target charge level – It is basically up to which percentage you want the battery to be charged. If you want to calculate the charging time of a completely full battery, select 100%. Please make sure, that the target charge level is higher than the starting charge level.
4. Charging power in kW – Keep in mind that the charging power can be limited by the charge outlet (cable, charging station, etc.) or the electric vehicle. Check the maximum charging power of both the vehicle and the charge outlet, and select the smaller value to calculate the charging time. See example in the table below:
|Example 1||Example 2|
|Charging power in kW||11 kW||3.4 kW|
|Maximum charging power of the vehicle||22 kW||3.4 kW|
|Maximum charging power of the charge outlet||11 kW||7 kW|
Congratulations! You’ve now calculated the charging time of the vehicle depending on the starting charge level and the target charge level.
If you want to go further and calculate your daily charging time or the charging time for a certain distance, please follow the next steps.
5. Distance per day – In this field, you can choose the distance you drive daily with your electric vehicle.
6. Energy consumption in kW – Insert here the energy consumption of your electric vehicle.
If you need any further assistance or want to help us improve our tool, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.