Use our tool below to calculate the charging time of the Hyundai Kona Electric. If you don’t find the battery size of your vehicle in the dropdown list below, feel free to use our universal EV charging time calculator.
About the Hyundai Kona Electric
After finding success with the gas-powered Kona, Hyundai decided to release an electrified version of the SUV. It is a worthy contender for a family car with a spacious interior and ample cargo space.
Despite promising more than 250 miles on a single charge, the Kona Electric charges quite fast, and you can get a considerable battery level in less than half an hour. Hyundai even offers a ten-year battery warranty, better than the eight years that is customary.
With features like collision avoidance, smart cruise control, blind-spot detection, and lane-keeping assist, you are assured of your safety in this electric SUV.
- Manufacturer: Hyundai
- Battery sizes: 39.2 kWh; 64 kWh
- Range: up to 278 miles (448 kilometers)
Charging time calculator for Hyundai Kona Electric
Starting charge level
Target charge level
Charging power in kW
If you want to calculate the charging time for a certain distance, complete the steps below:
Distance per day
Model energy consumption
How long does it take to charge a Hyundai Kona Electric?
With a battery capacity of 64 kWh, charging a Hyundai Kona Electric at home from 20% to 80% can take up to 28.44 hours with a 1.9 kW level 1 charger, or between 3.88 to 1.94 hours with an 11-22 kW level 2 charging station. With fast charging at a public station, the vehicle can be charged in less than 0.28 minutes.
Charge time for a Hyundai Kona Electric
|Charger level||Charging time|
|Level 1 charger 1.9 kW||up to 28.44 hours|
|Level 2 charger – 11-22 kW||between 3.88 to 1.94 hours|
|Public Station DC Fast Charging||less than 0.28 minutes|
Common questions and useful information
- How much does it cost to charge a Hyundai Kona Electric?
- Best EV home chargers for Hyundai Kona Electric
Hyundai Kona Electric charging time calculator step-by-step guide
- Step 1: Battery size – Select the battery size of the vehicle from the dropdown list
- Step 2 and 3: Starting and target charge level – Set the current and desired state of charge. For a full charge, select respectively 0% and 100%. Please note, the target charge level can’t be lower than the starting charge level.
- Step 4: Charging power in kW – Enter the charging power output.
Great! You’ve now calculated the charging time of the vehicle.
To calculate your daily charging time or the charging time for a certain distance, please follow the next steps.
- Step 5: Distance unit – Select miles, or km.
- Step 6: Distance per day – Set the driving distance.
- Step 7: Energy consumption in kW – Select your model or enter here the energy consumption of the vehicle (kWh/100).
If you need any further assistance or want to help us improve our tool, please contact us at email@example.com.