Use our tool below to calculate the charging time of the Volkswagen ID.5. If you don’t find the battery size of your vehicle in the dropdown list below, feel free to use our universal EV charging time calculator.
About the Volkswagen ID.5
Volkswagen ID.5 is an electric SUV with a long driving range when charged to a full, thanks to its hefty battery pack.
It offers some technology for a good driving experience; the new parking system can save your parking maneuvers for later use with just a button.
- Manufacturer: Volkswagen
- Battery sizes: 82 kWh
- Range: up to 319 miles (513 kilometers)
Charging time calculator for Volkswagen ID.5
Starting charge level
Target charge level
Charging power in kW
If you want to calculate the charging time for a certain distance, complete the steps below:
Distance per day
Model energy consumption
How long does it take to charge a Volkswagen ID.5?
With a battery capacity of 82 kWh, charging a Volkswagen ID.5 at home from 20% to 80% can take up to 36:26 hours with a 1.9 kW level 1 charger, or between 02:28 to 04:58 hours with an 11-22 kW level 2 charging station. With fast charging at a public station, the vehicle can be charged in less than 00:21 hours.
Charge time for a Volkswagen ID.5
|Charger level||Charging time|
|Level 1 charger 1.9 kW||up to 36:26 hours|
|Level 2 charger – 11-22 kW||between 02:28 to 04:58 hours|
|Public Station DC Fast Charging||less than 00:21 hours|
Common questions and useful information
Volkswagen ID.5 charging time calculator step-by-step guide
- Step 1: Battery size – Select the battery size of the vehicle from the dropdown list
- Step 2 and 3: Starting and target charge level – Set the current and desired state of charge. For a full charge, select respectively 0% and 100%. Please note, the target charge level can’t be lower than the starting charge level.
- Step 4: Charging power in kW – Enter the charging power output.
Great! You’ve now calculated the charging time of the vehicle.
To calculate your daily charging time or the charging time for a certain distance, please follow the next steps.
- Step 5: Distance unit – Select miles, or km.
- Step 6: Distance per day – Set the driving distance.
- Step 7: Energy consumption in kW – Select your model or enter here the energy consumption of the vehicle (kWh/100).
If you need any further assistance or want to help us improve our tool, please contact us at email@example.com.