The Hyundai Kona Electric is a very good car with many positive reviews. It has won admiration for its quick acceleration and sharp handling. However, one feature many people love about the Kona Electric is the driving range, which is more than 250 miles. When the available range goes down and you need to charge the battery, you must have a good EV charging station. Since most EV owners charge at home, we have compiled a list of best EV home charging stations for Hyundai Kona Electric.
Top Home Charging Stations for Hyundai Kona Electric
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
One of the top home chargers for Hyundai Kona Electric is the JuiceBox 40, a stylish charging station that blends in anywhere. With its small footprint, you do not need lots of space for installation. Also, with a J1772, you do not need an adapter to charge the Kona Electric and many other electric cars. It also charges fast, supplying up to 10 kW.
- Control and monitor your charging experience through a Wi-Fi-connected smartphone app, with Alexa voice control integration
- Schedule your charging time
- Get reminders and notifications on your charging session
- Integrated storage for the 25 feet cable
- Pricier than some other models
The Pulsar Plus is another top home charger for Hyundai Kona Electric. It is fit for both indoor and outdoor installation, meaning you can install it even if you park in the open. You can also choose between 40 amp and 48 amp models and charge up to seven times faster than Level 1 chargers. The maximum power output is 9.6 kW.
- Power Sharing that lets you connect more than one Pulse Plus safely to the same electric circuit
- Adjustable capacity from 16 A to 40 A, allowing you to connect even to low-power circuits
- Smartphone app with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity, with voice control
- Easy integration with green energy sources like solar power
- The connection cable is short compared to competing models, meaning you have to install the charger close to the outlet
- The Bluetooth connectivity has been reported as buggy
This option will charge your Kona Electric with ease. It is produced by a company with many years of experience and is backed by a 3-year warranty. With a capacity of 240 volts, you can charge nine times faster than a Level 1 charger. Also, the ChargePoint Home Flex EV charging station is available as a plug-in or hardwired installation.
- You can pick your charging speed
- Schedule your charging time using a smartphone app
- Get notifications during and after your charging
- Excellent customer support
- Can only be controlled through the smartphone app
The EV Gear is another fast home EV charger for Hyundai Kona Electric, with a maximum speed of 9.7 kWh on a 240-volt connection. This means you can add up to 32 miles per hour. It comes with a long cable and has a 3-year warranty. With an IP66 rating, this charger will work both indoor and outdoor.
- Easy to set up
- Comes with an anti-theft mounting plate
- Illuminative display lets you easily read charging status
- Attractive design
- No smartphone app
The last entry on our list of best EV home chargers for Hyundai Kona Electric is the Primecom. It is available in several options, with up to 9.6 kW charging speed, meaning you can add more than 30 miles per hour. This charger has a display that shows real-time charging statistics like the actual voltage, temperature, energy consumption, etc. It has more than 12 safety measures built-in.
- You can select from the many options offered
- Excellent customer support
- Affordable price
- Charging cable is really long at 30 ft
- Warranty of only one year
- No smartphone connectivity
Hyundai Kona Electric – Best EV Home Charging Stations
The Hyundai Kona Electric is a great EV. However, it can’t go anywhere without charging the battery. Fortunately, you can get a good EV charger for Kona Electric by choosing any of the models listed above.