Polestar 2 is an impressive new all-electric fastback designed to help make EV driving safe and stylish all at the same time. Being created by Volvo this EV is built with the experience of an established car manufacturer. With the Polestar 2 being the powerful successor of the Polestar 1. Polestar is a premium brand. When it comes to choosing an EV home charger for the Polestar 2, you’ll only want the absolute best. You’ll also need something powerful that can restore this car’s long-range. Below we’ve selected what we think are 5 of the best EV home charging stations for the Polestar 2.
Top Home Charging Stations for Polestar 2
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
1. Grizzl-E Level 2 EV Charger
A sturdy, safe, powerful, and stylish Polestar 2 needs a charging station that is equal in every respect. Grizzl-E offers this heavy-duty option with a 40-amp power rating and up to 10kw of output, making it one of the most powerful charging units on the market. It will add up to 30 miles of range per hour to your Polestar 2.
It works with a NEMA 14-50R outlet and is backed up by a great 3-year warranty. It’s IP67 water-resistant, as well as fire-resistant, and able to work in extremely low temperatures thanks to it being designed and produced in freezing Canada. One small drawback is that the cable is rather heavy. It’s what helps it be durable, but some users may struggle with the cable.
- Fast charging adding up to 30 miles of range per hour
- Extremely durable and resistant to many elements, especially cold weather
- High-quality build and materials
- Plugs into any NEMA 14-50
- All quality backed up by a 3-year warranty
Con – Cable feels very heavy for some users, especially older users.
2. Wallbox Pulsar Plus Level 2 Electric Vehicle Smart Charger
A Polestar 2 is a long-range EV and therefore a standard level 1 charging solution won’t do. This unit from Wallbox improves seven-fold on the level 1 charging rate. Furthermore, it looks great on the wall indoors or outdoors, fully protected, and even lights up in the dark so you can see it’s working properly at all times. Access the system via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth for maximum convenience.
If you have other EVs, you can charge them simultaneously, sharing in the up to 40 amps of power flowing through this unit. The only flaw is that its power cable is susceptible to the most extreme low temperatures, but otherwise, it is fine. If you operate indoors, it will work perfectly anywhere.
- One of the most attractive units anywhere on the market
- Easy to install and use; just plug in and go
- Flexible Wi-Fi controls but also works with Bluetooth if Wi-Fi is down
- 7x faster charging than the level 1 solution
Con – Cable doesn’t fare well in the most extreme cold winters if used outdoors
3. MUSTART Level 2 Portable EV Charger
MUSTART has long been a name to trust and they have created this fantastic and recently upgraded portable EV home charging unit for those who need more flexibility. Whether you don’t have space or the ability to have a wall box installed, this 40-amp level 2 unit offers a convenient alternative.
Compared with previous MUSTART models, this one has better waterproofing and abrasion resistance for outdoor use. It also has a huge 25-foot cable so you can charge anywhere. The unit does have a screen, but it’s quite small and might be difficult for some to see.
- Portable, flexible, and able to use anywhere you can plug into a NEMA 14-50 socket
- Charging up to 5 times faster than level 1
- Improved durability and power
- Can double as a spare charger when you’re charging away from home
Cons – Only a small LCD screen; hard to see for older users
4. ChargePoint Home Flex Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger
ChargePoint offers one of the most powerful units on the market at up to 50 amps in charging, which can charge about 9 times faster than a level 1 solution. Plug into a NEMA 6-50 outlet or have it hardwired, whichever suits you best. It comes with a dedicated ChargePoint app where you can schedule to charge during the cheapest times with the push of a button.
ChargePoint backs up their product with a 3-year warranty. You’ll be able to use that same app with ChargePoint’s public outlets, too, so you can manage home and public charging together. One drawback is that this charger only works with the app, you have no choice in that.
- A world-beating brand with amazing customer service to support you every step
- Charging up to 9 times faster than level 1
- Flexible charging and maximum control using the dedicated app
- Manage home and public charging all through 1 single app
Cons – The app is a must; those who want a simpler solution may not like having to use the app and have Wi-Fi
5. EvoCharge EVSE Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charging Station with 18ft Cable
EvoCharge also makes Wi-Fi-connected units, but this one is especially for those who don’t want any additional frills or steps when charging their Polestar 2. This offering gives you that, just plug in and forget. The cable is a little shorter at 18 feet, but it suits most situations. If you have a larger garage, then you might need a different unit. It comes with a raft of international safety certifications and is a nice, sleek, and eye-pleasing design.
Charging is powerful — up to 8 times faster than level 1. This unit supports charging from 16 to 32 amps. It plugs into a NEMA 6-50 outlet. Installation and getting charges started can be a little fiddly early on, but you can quickly adapt to its unique features.
- The no-fuss simple system just plug-in and go
- Powerful charge up to 8 times faster than level 1
- Very simple, the compact slim-build design will fit well in smaller garages as well as large
- Simple and easy to use
Cons – Can be a little tricky to get started, and the shorter cable might be too short for a two-car garage.
Polestar 2 – Best EV Home Charging Stations
A premium car needs a premium charging solution. When only the best will do, we’re confident that you’ll find exactly what you need in a home EV charging station for your Polestar 2. Keep that mileage up and enjoy the head-turning impact of this amazing electric vehicle.