As many companies now expand their ranges to include more electric vehicles, Porsche refused to be left behind when they released their impressive and popular Taycan model. It was an immediate hit and proved that one of the most prestigious and established sports heritage automotive brands is able to create appealing, luxurious, and athletic electric vehicles.
The main issue for owners now is finding the right EV home charging station to suit this powerful and stylish car. We’ve come up with the following five suggestions for the best electric vehicle home chargers for the Porsche Taycan.
Top EV Home Charging Stations for Porsche Taycan
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
1. PowerCharge Energy Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charger
A quality vehicle like the Porsche Taycan demands a charger that can stand up to a true test of quality. This offering from PowerCharge is not only backed up by a 3-year warranty, but it’s also UL-listed, confirming it as safe for use throughout North America.
The only drawback on this one just seems to be on the user instructions, which some users complained were tough to follow in places. The unit itself is actually simple to use though, either indoors with a NEMA 6-50 outlet, or hardwired outdoors. Furthermore, it’s extremely compact and subtle, having a footprint smaller than that of an A4 sheet of paper.
- Quality backed up by 3-year warranty
- Slim and durable design
- Charging of up to 20 miles of range per hour
- Subtle and compact; footprint smaller than a piece of paper
- Instructions were hard to follow for some users.
2. PRIMECOM Level 2 EV Charger Portable
Should space be more limited or you wish greater flexibility in your level 2 charging solution, you might want to look for something portable. This offer from PRIMECOM is hands down the strongest among the portable chargers, giving charging up to 40 amps of output. It’s also the easiest power connection with multiple options for 240- and 220-volt plug outlets. Best of all, it has a huge 50-foot cable.
One drawback with the portable one, however, is that you don’t get Wi-Fi connectivity. Everything has to be managed and done by hand.
- Intelligent chip technology can communicate with the vehicle to automatically adjust amperage to most suitable/needed level
- Huge 50-foot cable
- Light and portable, but very powerful
- Plugs into just about any 220- or 240-volt outlet
- No wireless or remote functions, which makes it somewhat less convenient to control
3. Grizzl-E Level 2 EV Charger
When only a heavy-duty unit will do, this EV home charging station from Canada-based Grizzl-E will do the job. It’s especially good for extreme weather (particularly cold environments). In fact, the company is so certain of the quality of this EV charger that they back it up with a 3-year warranty. The fast-charging ability offers up to 25 miles of range per hour, which is ideal for the Porsche Taycan.
It’s a no-frills model for those who just want good, solid construction and reliable charging. Some have complained that the charging port connector is too stiff and the cable a little cumbersome. For others though, the cable weight is just part of a concept with high durability.
- Built for unbeatable durability indoors and outdoors
- Fast charging up to 25 miles of range per hour
- Made in North America
- Extremely solid, simple, and does exactly what it claims
- Backed up by 3-year warranty
- No extra features like wireless connection
- Unit is bulky and lacking finesse
4. Morec EV Charger 16A (BUDGET OPTION)
It’s a little odd to imagine a budget option when we’re talking about the best EV home chargers for a Porsche Taycan, but this Morec charger is a great-value option to use as a spare, portable charger that works as either level 1 or level 2. Keep it in the trunk, or in another storage box for when you need it, and enjoy the total flexibility and control you get from using this unit wherever you are. Furthermore, it’s IP65-rated for maximum water- and dust proofing.
One small flaw is that there is no button on the module to change the amperage. It handles it automatically but those who want to manage the output manually will be disappointed by that.
- Portable, lightweight, and easy to use
- Highly waterproof and dust resistant
- Can be used as level 1 or 2 – versatility and flexibility
- Terrific value for money
- No manual control for output amperage
5. Wallbox Pulsar Plus Level 2 Electrical Vehicle Smart Charger
This excellent unit is for those who want a home EV charging station that looks as sleek and stylish as their Porsche Taycan. Wallbox’s Pulsar Plus unit brings premium looks with exceptional charging ability and other unique features. It works indoors or outdoors and features a great-length 25’ cable. It’s subtle and sleek enough to actually look like a nice addition to your property’s exterior unlike some of its bulky tank-like competition.
Furthermore, this unit is smart and Wi-Fi ready, but can be connected to your smartphone with Bluetooth as well if you have no Wi-Fi at that moment. Charge with up to 40 amps, which means fast charging of 9.6kW. It’s compact and cool, and even glows in the dark.
- Sleek design that looks great indoors or outdoors
- Looks like a nice accompaniment to a Porsche
- Powerful 40-amp charging outputting up to 9.6kW
- Long cable helps you connect your Porsche anywhere
- The only drawback is that it looks like that the cable when tested didn’t fare well in extremely cold weather
Porsche Taycan Needs Charging? Look No Further
We hope that using our list can help you find a premium home charging solution for your Porsche Taycan electric car. This is a top-notch car and it deserves the very best in quality and reliability when it comes to EV home charging. Good luck choosing your ideal electric car charger!