Mustang raises eyebrows for most people, the historic name is directly associated with American muscle cars. Ford surprised the world with adding this amazing new electric SUV to the traditional Mustang line. The new EV Mustang Mach-e is a fast and powerful machine easily capable of challenging the EV supremacy of the likes of Tesla. It has been hugely successful since its launch. For Mach-e owners, getting a great electric vehicle home charger is an important step. Below are our recommendations for the best EV home charging stations for the Ford Mustang Mach-e.
Top Home Charging Stations for Ford Mustang Mach-e
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
1. GoPlug Pro 40 Amp Smart EVSE – WiFi Connected
This EV home charger gives you a wonderful blend of old-world digital and new-world digital. The box itself is very simple and could be a fuse box from the early 2000s in its strength and simple LCD screen. On the other hand, it connects to your smartphone via a handy app giving you maximum control and convenience.
It’s very light and compact for a wall unit and can be mounted or even used as a portable charger if you want. It offers remote control operation with adjustable power settings and is designed and made in the US. Just plug into a NEMA 14-50 socket and enjoy output at almost 10kWh for fast charging.
- Powerful charging options with adjustable ratings controlled remotely
- Easy operation, just plug into a NEMA 14-50 socket
- Old-world simplicity with modern-day innovation
- Portable, light and IP66 waterproof rated
Con – App is reportedly not so intuitive for first-time users
2. FLO Home X5 Tungsten – Level 2 Electric Vehicle (EV) Smart Charging Station
A premium home charging station for a premium Ford Mustang vehicle. This offering from FLO comes in a sturdy, corrosion-resistant aluminum casing and works in temperatures from -40 to 125 degrees Fahrenheit (-40° to 51° Celsius). It’s CSA-certified and FLO backs it up with a very impressive 5-year warranty where most competitors are offering just 3 years.
The sleek and compact design includes a built-in cable storage solution so there’s no need to clutter your wall with additional hooks and holsters. It’s also a smart and connected charger with its own smartphone app for easy control. The only real problem some users have is being able to distinguish between the “Charging” blue and the “Charged” blue lights on the unit. They’re not so distinct.
- Attractive design
- Built for durability – designed to last 10 years, with a warranty for at least 5 years
- Charges up to 5 times faster than level 1
- Built-in cable storage solution
- Easy to control via an intuitive smartphone app
Con – Charging status light not always easy to distinguish between charging and charged
3. MUSTART TRAVELMASTER Level 2 Portable EV Charger
MUSTART are taking portability and convenience to new levels with this portable offering. It comes with two detachable plug options, a NEMA 5-15 or a NEMA 14-50. Whichever plug you have at home or your travel destination, just detach one cable type and attach the next. It couldn’t be easier. On top of that, you get powerful charging up to 32 amps, a simple, easy-to-read LCD screen with charging info, but one drawback is that it’s for indoor use only.
- Detachable plug heads for convenient switching according to your needs
- Light, portable design
- The LCD display makes checking charging progress easy with no complex apps or WiFi issues
- Long 25-foot cable for easy connection from socket to car
Cons – Only can be used indoors
4. EvoCharge EVSE Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charging Station
It’s sleek, it’s powerful and it’s easy to install both indoors and outdoors. For many, this is the safe, unfussy, UL-listed NEMA 6-50 unit that they’ve been waiting for. It can add as much as 35 miles of range per hour and is NEMA 4 rated for use in all weather. It’s manufactured in the US and supported with a great customer service platform, too.
Plug in, adjust the power, and wait, it’s really that simple. Some users have reported that the connector can be a little stiff at first, but with enough force and getting used to it, it should be fine.
- Sleek and stylish design; very subtle to place outdoors
- Powerful charging adding up to 25 miles of range per hour (estimation based on our charging tool)
- 25-foot cable makes it perfect for a double-car garage
- UL- and ETL-certified for safety
- Great aftersales customer service
Cons – Connector can be stiff, and if not placed exactly right won’t charge
5. JuiceBox 32 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station with WiFi
JuiceBox offers a nice mix of simple wall box design with an uncomplicated interface and more cutting-edge WiFi connectivity and remote-control features. The JuiceNet app notifies you when the charging process is finished, and allows you to set and control charging times and power ratings to suit electricity rates.
You can plug in to any NEMA 14-50 outlet, which means no expensive hard wiring is necessary if you don’t want to. JuiceBox stands by its product’s quality too by offering a 3-year warranty. It’ll output up to 32 amps or 7.7kWh, which is ideal for the Mustang Mach-e battery, allowing convenient overnight charging.
- Charging output of up to 7.7kWh idea for Mustang battery
- Easy plug-in to NEMA 14-50 for instant installation
- The smart app allows easy remote controlling
- Attractive wall box
Con – Some users have mentioned glitchy software, especially if WiFi signal is weak
Ford Mustang Mach-e – Best EV Home Charging Stations
A powerful long-range Mustang Mach-e needs the best-possible EV charging station. When choosing a charging platform for your Ford electric car, make sure to prioritize your own needs for power, simplicity, connectivity and other factors. Happy charging!