The Nissan Leaf has helped change the way people think about electric cars. Its stylish looks, practical utility, mechanical reliability, and affordability have helped make it one of the top-selling EV models around the world. A great electric car needs the best home EV charging station. For Nissan Leaf, we think these 5 home chargers fit the bill.
Top Home Charging Stations for Nissan Leaf
Disclosure: some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Combining great value, style, and function, the QUBEV wall unit with type-2 socket checks just about every box for Nissan Leaf owners. It charges up to 32 amps, making it one of the fastest-charging units available. It’s also well-protected from the elements making it ideal for outdoor installation.
- Neat, stylish, and compact design.
- Easy switching to 6-, 13-,16- or 32-amp charging – just turn the dial.
- Extremely user-friendly – no complex additional apps or other components required.
- Plug and play – no adapters or peripherals required; plugs straight into Leaf.
Con – Simple and user-friendly also means there are neither “smart” options to optimize the charging times, nor control from your smartphone, etc. If you want a smarter device, see below.
When you want to maximize your control over your EV charging station for Nissan Leaf, this unit will satisfy your need. The accompanying smartphone app to this sleek and attractive charging station works on both iOS and Android systems and gives you full control over nearly every aspect.
- Can be operated remotely via the app for maximum convenience.
- App also delivers detailed info on every charging operation, enabling you to optimize your charging routine to fit in with your life.
- Ties in seamlessly with home-based solar systems, if you have them in place.
- Set it to charge only when electricity prices are lowest during each day to increase your savings.
Cons – With the app comes more complexity. It can be fiddly to set up, monitor, and adjust settings, especially if it’s your first home charging system.
When you are most interested in combining convenience and portability (and also affordability), then this offering from EV OneStop will suit you to a tee. The simple design connects via a standard 3-pin UK plug to a type 2 connector that makes “charging anywhere” truly possible.
- Portable and easy to use – plugs into any standard 3-pin wall socket
- Comes with a free carry case for easy storage in your car or in your luggage. It’s a perfect travel accessory when driving on business trips or family vacations.
- The 5-meter cable makes reaching the car easy.
- A 2-year warranty is a nice addition to ensure buyer confidence.
Con – The 7-pin car socket connector requires considerable force to get the pins to latch in place, and only a 10-amp/2.2kW charge available, making it slower than many other home charging solutions (though certainly not the slowest).
For a smarter but still portable option, this type 2 is a great pick. Its crystal-clear LCD display informs you about the charging time, temperature, and additional useful information. It carries strong production and safety certifications – CE, TUV, etc. – and works in extreme cold and heat making it ideal when you’re on the road.
- Allows the user to manually set charging output in kW, but can also use its smart feature to detect the optimal current within 13 amps.
- Convenient and easy – plugs into any standard UK 3-pin socket.
- Portable and light, with a handy LED screen on the base unit
Con – One odd point is that despite carrying many heavy-duty protections, the company claims it can’t be used in heavy rain. That’s something to pay attention to.
A powerful but compact offering, and the second in our list from EV OneStop. It is solidly built and offers charge up to 32 amps which will easily keep your Nissan Leaf on the road with all the mileage that you need. A straight-forward, reliable, and sturdy option covered in IP65 ratings to ensure problem-free outdoor use.
- Simple and aesthetically pleasing.
- Solidly built -waterproof and dust resistant.
- 7.2kW charging means much faster than your standard Nissan charger
Con – The installation can be a little trickier at first, especially getting the main cable in place, but a reputable electrician should be able to ensure it’s all done properly.
Best EV Home Charging Stations for Nissan Leaf
A quality electric car deserves the best home EV charging station. Not only do the above options ensure great quality, but it’s also a list to suit different budgets and needs. Whatever kind of charger you are looking for, we hope you will find one matching your recommendations for an EV home charging stations for the Nissan Leaf.