Use our tool below to calculate the charging time of the Tesla Model S. If you don’t find the battery size of your vehicle in the dropdown list below, feel free to use our universal EV charging time calculator.
About the Tesla Model S
Launched in 2012, the Tesla Model S is a record-breaking luxury all-electric sedan/grand tourer. It has been carefully developed over the years to encompass many power ratings and capabilities, all of them sector-leading, especially in range. The minimum range on the Model S was what helped people realize the real viability of all-electric cars, and was among the first cars to break the 400-mile range barrier.
Teslas are not just characterized by their range, but also their style. The sleek body is complemented by an equally sophisticated interior, including the biggest infotainment display of just about any car out there. In addition, the public has been wowed by their technical prowess. For example, drivers get over-the-air updates that can even fix mechanical issues. They also enjoy very advanced self-driving capabilities through the Autopilot feature.
- Manufacturer: Tesla
- Battery sizes: 100 kWh; 130 kWh
- Range: up to 498 miles (802 kilometers)
Charging time calculator for Tesla Model S
Starting charge level
Target charge level
Charging power in kW
If you want to calculate the charging time for a certain distance, complete the steps below:
Distance per day
Model energy consumption
How long does it take to charge a Tesla Model S?
With a battery capacity of 130 kWh, charging a Tesla Model S at home from 20% to 80% can take up to 57:46 hours with a 1.9 kW level 1 charger, or between 03:56 to 07:52 hours with an 11-22 kW level 2 charging station. With fast charging at a public station, the vehicle can be charged in less than 00:34 hours.
Charge time for a Tesla Model S
|Charger level||Charging time|
|Level 1 charger 1.9 kW||up to 57:46 hours|
|Level 2 charger – 11-22 kW||between 03:56 to 07:52 hours|
|Public Station DC Fast Charging||less than 00:34 hours|
Common questions and useful information
Tesla Model S charging time calculator step-by-step guide
- Step 1: Battery size – Select the battery size of the vehicle from the dropdown list
- Step 2 and 3: Starting and target charge level – Set the current and desired state of charge. For a full charge, select respectively 0% and 100%. Please note, the target charge level can’t be lower than the starting charge level.
- Step 4: Charging power in kW – Enter the charging power output.
Great! You’ve now calculated the charging time of the vehicle.
To calculate your daily charging time or the charging time for a certain distance, please follow the next steps.
- Step 5: Distance unit – Select miles, or km.
- Step 6: Distance per day – Set the driving distance.
- Step 7: Energy consumption in kW – Select your model or enter here the energy consumption of the vehicle (kWh/100).
If you need any further assistance or want to help us improve our tool, please contact us at email@example.com.