Use our tool below to calculate the charging time of the Tesla Model X. If you don’t find the battery size of your vehicle in the dropdown list below, feel free to use our universal EV charging time calculator.
About the Tesla Model X
The Model X was Tesla’s first foray into all-electric SUV design. This mid-size luxury crossover offers the same kinds of high-performance abilities that its sibling models the Model S and Model 3 can do, but with much more storage and cabin space, not to mention the unique “Falcon Wing” vertically opening doors. Living up to what you might expect from an SUV, too, it can tow thousands of pounds, and gives a huge amount of storage capacity.
The Model X beats out most supercars with its world-beating acceleration and performance capabilities. It also boasts Tesla’s signature comfortable leather interior that can be configured in multiple different seat number arrangements according to customer needs. Drivers can also enjoy the same high-tech features such as Autopilot, as well as some nice comfort additions like additional entertainment screens and tri-zone temperature controls.
- Manufacturer: Tesla
- Battery sizes: 95 kWh
- Range: up to 381 miles (613 kilometers)
Charging time calculator for Tesla Model X
Starting charge level
Target charge level
Charging power in kW
If you want to calculate the charging time for a certain distance, complete the steps below:
Distance per day
Model energy consumption
How long does it take to charge a Tesla Model X?
With a battery capacity of 95 kWh, charging a Tesla Model X at home from 20% to 80% can take up to 42:13 hours with a 1.9 kW level 1 charger, or between 02:52 to 05:45 hours with an 11-22 kW level 2 charging station. With fast charging at a public station, the vehicle can be charged in less than 00:25 hours.
Charge time for a Tesla Model X
|Charger level||Charging time|
|Level 1 charger 1.9 kW||up to 42:13 hours|
|Level 2 charger – 11-22 kW||between 02:52 to 05:45 hours|
|Public Station DC Fast Charging||less than 00:25 hours|
Common questions and useful information
Tesla Model X charging time calculator step-by-step guide
- Step 1: Battery size – Select the battery size of the vehicle from the dropdown list
- Step 2 and 3: Starting and target charge level – Set the current and desired state of charge. For a full charge, select respectively 0% and 100%. Please note, the target charge level can’t be lower than the starting charge level.
- Step 4: Charging power in kW – Enter the charging power output.
Great! You’ve now calculated the charging time of the vehicle.
To calculate your daily charging time or the charging time for a certain distance, please follow the next steps.
- Step 5: Distance unit – Select miles, or km.
- Step 6: Distance per day – Set the driving distance.
- Step 7: Energy consumption in kW – Select your model or enter here the energy consumption of the vehicle (kWh/100).
If you need any further assistance or want to help us improve our tool, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.