Use our tool below to calculate the charging time of the Volkswagen ID.3. If you don’t find the battery size of your vehicle in the dropdown list below, feel free to use our universal EV charging time calculator.
About the Volkswagen ID.3
The ID.3 first arrived back in 2019 and has been the spearhead in VW’s overall migration toward electrification. The ID.3 evokes the spirit of VW’s most iconic compact cars like the VW Golf and Polo but creates its own distinct identity. Since its launch, the ID.3 has become one of the longest-range compact electric cars all over the world market.
VW made buying the ID.3 a flexible experience by offering multiple battery options to suit different needs and budgets. These batteries support DC fast charging, allowing drivers everywhere to enjoy the fastest-available public chargers for more convenient powering up. It’s full of cutting-edge tech features too, from its flawless digital instrument and infotainment displays to innovative climate and drive controls. This is a car that has been built to make electric driving fun.
- Manufacturer: Volkswagen
- Battery sizes: 63 kWh; 82 kWh
- Range: up to 335 miles (539 kilometers)
Charging time calculator for Volkswagen ID.3
Starting charge level
Target charge level
Charging power in kW
If you want to calculate the charging time for a certain distance, complete the steps below:
Distance per day
Model energy consumption
How long does it take to charge a Volkswagen ID.3?
With a battery capacity of 82 kWh, charging a Volkswagen ID.3 at home from 20% to 80% can take up to 36.44 hours with a 1.9 kW level 1 charger, or between 4.97 to 2.48 hours with an 11-22 kW level 2 charging station. With fast charging at a public station, the vehicle can be charged in less than 0.36 minutes.
Charge time for a Volkswagen ID.3
|Charger level||Charging time|
|Level 1 charger 1.9 kW||up to 36.44 hours|
|Level 2 charger – 11-22 kW||between 4.97 to 2.48 hours|
|Public Station DC Fast Charging||less than 0.36 minutes|
Common questions and useful information
Volkswagen ID.3 charging time calculator step-by-step guide
- Step 1: Battery size – Select the battery size of the vehicle from the dropdown list
- Step 2 and 3: Starting and target charge level – Set the current and desired state of charge. For a full charge, select respectively 0% and 100%. Please note, the target charge level can’t be lower than the starting charge level.
- Step 4: Charging power in kW – Enter the charging power output.
Great! You’ve now calculated the charging time of the vehicle.
To calculate your daily charging time or the charging time for a certain distance, please follow the next steps.
- Step 5: Distance unit – Select miles, or km.
- Step 6: Distance per day – Set the driving distance.
- Step 7: Energy consumption in kW – Select your model or enter here the energy consumption of the vehicle (kWh/100).
If you need any further assistance or want to help us improve our tool, please contact us at email@example.com.